Home Yoga Yoga Therapy
Yoga is a means of self-discovery, healing and celebration of life.
Ideal for people who ...
* are interested in improving their overall quality of life
* are beginning to see signs of imbalance or declining health
* want to address chronic or acute physical challenges
* want to clear the emotional stresses/memories held in the physical tissue
* receive personal attention and individual guidance that is not available in a yoga class
* activate the healing wisdom of life-force, yogis call prana
* leave with a personal practice and tools designed for moving forward in your self-care
Sessions can include:
Adaptation of postures tailored to your specific needs of limitation and healing or to your desire to go deeper in your personal practice.
Stress Management and Deep Relaxation; essential for healing and rejuvenation. You will learn yogic techniques to systematically relax both the muscles and the nervous system and mind.
Breathing Exercises (pranayamas); essential to control stress-aggravated mental tension, emotional habits and physical ailments and the perfect preparation for meditation. Every strong emotion and thought pattern has a correlated breath pattern and physical response. By attuning to the direct power of the breath, you can bypass limiting thoughts and resource wisdom and inspiration to live life more fully.
Body-Dialogue; skillful guidance to read the messages of your body (Pain/discomfort - acute or chronic), gain insight and release from the sources of tension accumulated as painful physical, mental and emotional life-patterns.
Cleansing (kriyas); yogic washes to cleanse the internal passageways of the body; for the nose, the stomach and the intestinal tract; excellent for those with breathing problems, digestion and elimination problems.
Introduction to Ayurveda; easy home practices for ahealthy lifestyle change; may include cooking classes.
Skills to access your healing energy (prana), and guidance into 'Meditation-in-Motion' that allows healing on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels.